Opening for a Test Engineer
Nanotron Technologies GmbH is the wholly owned German subsidiary of Sensera Limited (ASX: SE1) – the leading designer and manufacturer of end-to-end sensor solutions and services for the rapidly-growing Internet of Things (IoT) market.
Based in Berlin – the fastest growing start up city in Europe, nanotron has a dynamic start-up feel offering a cooperative and inspiring work atmosphere. Expect engagement, team work, enthusiasm and ambition. In return nanotron is looking for a dedicated, focused and hard-working team player who is committed to overcoming challenges and creating success. Contribute to a rapidly growing team of individuals from different nationalities and backgrounds.
Nanotron’s embedded location platform delivers location-awareness for safety and productivity solutions across industrial and consumer markets. The platform consists of chips, modules and software that enable precise real-time positioning and concurrent wireless communication for the location-aware Internet of Things.
The test engineer ensures the quality and the market success of new products. He or she is playing an important role in nanotron’s product development. Closely aligned with product engineering and product management the test engineer develops and implements tests for obtaining reliable and dependable information about product functionality, compliance and safety. Results of failure analysis and concepts for solving problems are shared with the product development team in order to drive continuous improvement of products and services. The Test Engineer reports to the Lead Product Development.
Create and implement the test strategy for nanotron’s products and services including:
- Functional and non-functional tests that validate relevant use cases.
- Stress tests to ensure long term stability and stability under extreme load conditions.
- Regression tests to ensure seamless product migration across product release cycles and throughout the live time of the product or service.
- Adequate test coverage while keeping production test cost as low as possible, utilizing BIST whenever possible.
- Determining and monitoring test coverage on a per product basis according to the quality goals of each product.
- Validation and optimization of production tests prior to and during production.
- Conducting failure analysis of products returned from the field, describing the root causes for failure mechanisms and suggesting corrective actions.
- MS or PhD in Communication Systems, Telecommunications, Computer Science or Electrical Engineering with at least 3 years in related engineering positions.
- In-depth understanding of wireless embedded hardware and software products.
- Hands-on experience in designing tests, conducting measurements, with test equipment and instrumentation.
- Knowledge of automated production testing for chip-level and board-level RF products.
- Understanding of relevant programming environments including Python, C++, LabVIEW, Matlab etc.
- Fluency in both English and German.
- PC literacy (i.e. Excel, Power Point, etc.)
The position is based in Berlin, Germany and open immediately. If you are interested please send your application including CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.