Opening for a Wireless Field Application Engineer
Nanotron Technologies GmbH is the wholly owned German subsidiary of Sensera Limited (ASX: SE1) – the leading designer and manufacturer of end-to-end sensor solutions and services for the rapidly-growing Internet of Things (IoT) market.
Based in Berlin – the fastest growing start up city in Europe, nanotron has a dynamic start-up feel offering a cooperative and inspiring work atmosphere. Expect engagement, team work, enthusiasm and ambition. In return nanotron is looking for a dedicated, focused and hard-working team player who is committed to overcoming challenges and creating success. Contribute to a rapidly growing team of individuals from different nationalities and backgrounds.
Nanotron’s embedded location platform delivers location-awareness for safety and productivity solutions across industrial and consumer markets. The platform consists of chips, modules and software that enable precise real-time positioning and concurrent wireless communication for the location-aware Internet of Things.
Provides 1st–level technical support for direct and distribution customers by email, by phone and on site as part of nanotron’s customer-facing sales and marketing team. Reports to nanotron’s Field Application Engineering Manager.
Drive open technical issues through to completion. This involves a mixture of: Creating tests and measuring results, gathering and analyzing logs, reviewing PCB layouts and recommending circuit, PCB and firmware changes. Working directly with customers, sales and distribution field application engineers and nanotron’s R&D team:
- Be part of a global network: Travel to customers and partners for on-site support and training.
- Bring new ideas on product developments working with Product Marketing and Sales.
- Prioritize technical support for nanotron’s key customers.
- Work alongside a dynamic and rapidly growing team of software and hardware engineers.
- Expertise in hardware and software development, debug and test relating to embedded wireless products, knowledge of relevant tools like PERL, Matlab and C
- Well-organized individual taking ownership and able to prioritize work with an ability to make decisions with limited supervision, and where no obvious process is available
- Team player, able to easily form relationships with external customers and partners and with other divisions of the company
- BS/MS or PhD in Electronics or Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- Fluent in English and German, high standard of technical communication – both verbal and written
- A willingness and ability to travel to customers and partners worldwide
- Appreciation of the commercial issues surrounding the provision of support
- Proven record in delivering customer-facing support, both on-site and remotely via email and telephone
- Detailed knowledge of wireless communications protocols like Bluetooth or WiFi and how they are implemented in hardware and software.
The position is based in Berlin, Germany and open immediately. If you are interested please send your application including CV to email@example.com.