Business Development Director, Mining. US based, remote working.
The business development director for mine safety and productivity will be marketing and selling nanotron’s portfolio of location-aware sensor products and solutions to large mining organisations. Nanotron’s unique location-awareness technology helps them to improve safety and increase productivity of their underground and open pit mining operations.
The Business Development Directors’ role will be to orchestrate partnerships with mining operators and mining system integrators. Creating whole solutions for collision-awareness and people and asset tracking including getting it deployed. The successful candidate is leading a team of application engineers and project managers supporting the business development activities on a project-by-project basis.
Visiting the world’s biggest mining regions on a regular basis, the Business Development Director will meet with key Mining Operator and System Integrator customers and prospects. You will research, assess and influence mining safety with relevant agencies and governing bodies such as MSHA.
The Business Development Director for mine safety and productivity will report directly to the VP Marketing and Products of the company.
- Defining, validating and refining and executing nanotron’s go-to-market (GTM) approach in regard to large mining operations and their system integrators or any other relevant GTM path or organisation.
- Building and leading the business development team for mining at nanotron consisting of application engineers and project managers.
- Providing a GTM approach leveraging a validated value proposition based on proven ROI calculations and real-life application showcases.
- Orchestrating partnerships and/or eco systems to close any remaining gaps in nanotron’s solution offering.
- Creating and maintaining the required sales and marketing collateral.
- Maintaining a firm view on market participants, opportunity size and competitors. Conducting competitive position assessments and SWOT on a regular basis.
- Creating, developing and enhancing interpersonal relationships with senior executives of key accounts and leaders of all external partners.
- Providing guidance to the sales and field application engineering organisations helping them to win business and materialise on existing opportunities and projects. Facilitate resolutions of any issues.
- Working closely with marketing and product management functions to help them develop a mining “roadmap” of winning products and services for mine safety and productivity markets.
- At least 5 years success marketing and selling communications or IT solutions to mining system integrators or directly to large Mining Organisations. Experience in wireless sensor networks and real time location systems (RTLS) highly appreciated.
- Familiarity with communication hardware, software and technologies such as WiFi and Bluetooth.
- In-depth knowledge of the sales process in the mining industry.
- Willingness and ability to frequently travel to customers and partners worldwide. Ability to visit underground mining sites.
- Well-organized, taking ownership and prioritising work. Ability to take decisions with limited supervision, even when no obvious process is established.
- Ability to quickly understand and communicate product and applications requirements.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work and influence organisations across hierarchies and cultures
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Ability to work within the charter of a well-defined sales and marketing plan (SMP).
- BS/MS or PhD in Electronics, Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- Fluency in English. Fluency in Spanish or German will be a plus.
- Valid, clean driver’s license.
The position is based at nanotron’s HQ in Berlin – the fastest growing start up city in Europe. The position is open immediately. If you are interested, please send your application including resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Nanotron Technologies GmbH is a leading provider of location-awareness solutions for the Internet of Things (IoT). Its products include RF transceiver chips, smart RF modules and analytics software. Nanotron’s solutions deliver precise position data augmented by sensor data and context information in real-time, achieving improved safety and increased productivity for its customers.
Nanotron has a dynamic start-up feel offering a cooperative and inspiring work atmosphere. Expect engagement, team work, enthusiasm and ambition. In return nanotron is looking for a dedicated, focused and hard-working team player who is committed to overcoming challenges and creating success. Contribute to a rapidly growing team of individuals from different nationalities and backgrounds.