Wireless Application Engineer. Berlin.
The Wireless Application Engineer will provide technical application support for nanotron’s customer-facing team. This will include field application engineers and field sales engineers by email, by phone and occasionally on site.
The Wireless Application Engineer position reports to nanotron’s application engineering manager.
- Creating application proposals based on solution requirements and help to get implementation started.
- Driving open technical issues through to completion. This involves a mixture of: Creating tests and measuring results, gathering and analysing logs, reviewing PCB layouts and recommending circuit, PCB and firmware changes.
- Working directly with customers, sales and distribution field application engineers and nanotron’s R&D team.
- Helping customers develop their own solution based on our products.
- Bringing new ideas on product developments working with Product Marketing and Sales.
- Being part of a global network: Travel to customers and partners for on-site support and training.
- Working alongside a dynamic and rapidly growing team of software and hardware engineers.
- Expertise in hardware and software development, debug and test relating to embedded wireless products, knowledge of relevant tools like python, Matlab and C.
- An organised individual taking ownership and able to prioritise work with an ability to make decisions with limited supervision, and where no obvious process is available.
- A team player, able to easily form relationships with external customers, partners and with other divisions of the company.
- BS/MS or PhD in Electronics or Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- Fluency in English, high standard of technical communication – both verbal and written. Fluency in German is a plus.
- A willingness and ability to travel to customers and partners worldwide.
- Appreciation of the commercial issues surrounding the provision of support.
- Good understanding of the challenges of wireless communication and wireless location.
- Proven record in delivering customer-facing support, both on-site and remotely via email and telephone.
- Detailed knowledge of wireless communication protocols like Bluetooth or WiFi and how they are implemented in hardware and software.
The position is based at nanotron’s HQ in Berlin – the fastest growing start up city in Europe. The position is open immediately. If you are interested, please send your application including resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Nanotron Technologies GmbH is a leading provider of location-awareness solutions for the Internet of Things (IoT). Its products include RF transceiver chips, smart RF modules and analytics software. Nanotron’s solutions deliver precise position data augmented by sensor data and context information in real-time, achieving improved safety and increased productivity for its customers.
Nanotron has a dynamic start-up feel offering a cooperative and inspiring work atmosphere. Expect engagement, team work, enthusiasm and ambition. In return nanotron is looking for a dedicated, focused and hard-working team player who is committed to overcoming challenges and creating success. Contribute to a rapidly growing team of individuals from different nationalities and backgrounds.